May 24, 2011

Ebay tip: Dooney & Burke

Recently I discovered the beauty of Ebay. It's no coincidence that some of my favorite blogs regularly write about their recent finds online (e.g. Emily Solomon, Fashion Fairytales and Passions for Fashion) - and hence I've become a more active buyer.

Then Þórhildur wore a Dooney & Burke bag in an outfit post the other day, and I've been craving a bag from the brand ever since. The latest seasons are in the price scale of 2.000 to 5.000 dkk but there is an endless amount of beautiful vintage bags on ebay (you can see the variety here).

I really needed a small bag with a long strap - and my budget was not high enough to jump on the most wanted ones (Céline or Chanel). Below is my bag, real leather and original brand - for 250 dkk in total. It just came out of the box when I took the picture, so the appeared dent is no longer there.


The vintage ones go for around 150 to 400 dkk (e.g. here and here) and the new ones go for around 500 − 1.000 dkk (e.g. here).

No comments:

Post a Comment