May 26, 2011

My study routine

Here come a couple of more study guidelines I try to follow. I recommend the below mentioned book, because I used to be a nervous wreck during exams until I read (and used!) it. The guidelines ended up being about 3 pages, and I don't want to spam you. So they will come, one or two at a time, in between other important posts about shoes and bags ;-)


2nd advice: Make rational plans. I get so frustrated when I can’t stand by my schedule. There are two things to do about that: first, make a schedule you actually can live up to. Second, if you for some reason can't, adjust your schedule for the day after. Sometimes, I get into a mode where I don’t understand anything. Then it’s best to stand up - and do something completely different for a while. You can’t force your concentration, then it will fail you.

3rd advice: One day at a time! This I knew, but didn't actually use until I read the book by Dale Carnegie, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living". Don’t bother thinking that there are only 10 - 9 - 8 - 7 … days until the exam. Make rational plans, try to follow them - and then remind yourself that you are doing your very best at every step of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment